Around the Neighborhood

I’m spending a lot of time at and near home these days. Rather than exploring the places I’ve yet to visit, I’m a bit more keen on soaking up as much as I can before I leave of the normal everyday that has been my life here in Seoul. Running along the river, coffee from the Coffee Lab, vegetables from the market downstairs, visiting with friends and sunsets from the big windows of my apartment.

I recently picked up a roll of film I shot last May during an afternoon stroll through Hongdae, the neighborhood adjacent to mine. I love a discovery like this; a bit like finding money in your pockets. I’m reminded of all the little bits of Korea I will miss.

9 Responses to “Around the Neighborhood”

closed (hi!) just put a smile on my face. these places look like really good spots.

2. Wayne says:

I miss Seoul soooo much ㅠ.ㅠ

3. carolyn says:

i love the cute “Hello” on the door pane!
    these little bits you love of Korea remind me a lot of little bits I loved in Kyoto/Japan as well!

4. jodi says:

I think Hongdae must be the most adorable neighborhood in all of Korea.

• Stephanie says:

Probably not, but it definitely has its pockets of adorable! It’s a college area and one of the most popular nighttime neighborhoods, so it also abounds in the remnants of the previous night’s discretions. ;)

5. Just Bob says:

When I was in Paris I wanted to spend the rest of my life there hanging out in cafés. Sounds like it’s the same in Hongdae. Why travel when you’ve got cafés at home? – and a photographer’s eye for beauty!

6. I love that second photo, especially with the woman in the back taking a photo. Wonderful slice of life.

7. Jackie says:

These places look so interesting. I love the little details, like the wee “hello” on the door or the photog in the background.